home     about     contact     styling        

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Keds

It's funny how I think back to how my fashion choices have evolved and the certain things have stood the test of time. To be quite honest my love for an item is pretty short term. But those sneakers are from the first solo (no adult supervision) trip I took back when I was 18 to New York and I just can't help but smile when I look at them! My friend and I were first-timers and decided to walk from Times Square all the way to NYU. Yes, we knew there was the subway. No, we didn't really think it was that far. You know it would be fun to really see the city (thoughts of clueless 18 year olds). Our feet were dead by the end and the only way we were going to make it back was with buying comfortable shoes. Behold these Keds to save the day. We both proudly walked out wearing the exact same Keds. To this day we both have kept these in our collection. I guess you can say they're a souvenir.

Hope you're having a great week! Thanks for reading!
Outfit Deets:
Jacket: Target (similar)
Tee: Urban
Skirt: Free People (on sale!)
Keds: Somewhere in NYC (similar)
 


17 comments:

  1. This is such a simple outfit, yet it is beautiful and looks amazing on you. I love that jacket and those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this look! That jacket and those sneaks are perfect for each other, and I love that necklace!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Merritt! I have been wearing this necklace so much lately!

      Delete
  3. army green and a top knot - two of my favorite things! you look gorgeous, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Weren't those two just made for each other!

      Delete
  4. You look stunning! I love the casual way you styled your skirt, and that jacket is perfect on you!

    ~Jacy
    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! This is definitely one of my favorite combos!

      Delete
  5. I feel the same way about the Converse I wore all over Italy. They are kind of a souvenir, and kind of a trophy.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think trophy is a great way to explain them! xo

      Delete
  6. I really like this outfit. And Keds are the best! They are so comfy.


    I’m having a giveaway on my blog if you’d like to join. Giving away 2 YSL items :)
    Xx,
    http://www.sacosha.blogspot.com
    http://www.sacosha.blogspot.com
    http://www.sacosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beatrice! I love Keds! I'm thinking I should get another pair for comforts sake;)

      Delete
  7. I love your outfit! I have a similar one from American Eagle, so I think I'll try emulate this look soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear! This outfit is one of my faves! xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!