home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, May 19, 2014

Work to Weekend


With the weather heating up, I've started to think of ways to transition my looks for work (aka client meetings) into weekend (aka in between meetings). While I love wearing a great flowy summer dress (this beauty is a TJ Max find!) alone, they're not the best way to look professional.
Dressing up a summer dress for work is all about finding light pieces to throw on and flats or if you prefer heels. While I love blazers, I realize they are heavier and usually leave me melting and sticky by the time I leave the house. But this cotton utility jacket is much lighter and breathable. Depending on your work dress code, vests are great options too. 

Now using the same dress, it's time to grab your sandals for the weekend! For me, this is a look I wear in between meetings during the week too. Often the warm weather has a gal wanting the least amount of effort in dressing, but don't forget the jewelry! Small dainty necklaces in gold are my go-to. They go with everything and easy peezy!

Work to weekend pieces:

8 comments:

  1. Great TJ Maxx find! Definitely love the weekend look, laid back but still looking so cute!

    http://aboutamor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your taste in casual spring/summer dresses. I tend to end up buying something super similar or the same exact thing. Definitely, love the look paired with the nude sandals.

    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress-I love TJ Maxx!!(it's called Winners here in Toronto) You can always find such great pieces and deals there. Great post and my post today is similar-a sleeveless blouse (that I got at Winners too) two ways.
    Marta xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty dress! I love it paired with the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drop waist of the dress and the versatility of wearing it for both work and play :) Hope you had a great weekend!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the versatility of this dress :)

    www.thesaltymessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the utility jacket! I've been looking for something similar. It looks great over the dress!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this dress and how you paired it with the military jacket.

    xo Amy
    www.urbanfrill.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!