home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Colorless + Linkup




tank // skirt // sandals (old, love these) // tote // aviators

Okay, I can explain. In the past week, we went to Phoenix and Tucson to spend some time with friends. And by went I mean we road tripped. Oh, and we definitely ate! Turns out, I couldn't eat a whole pizza. #sad Then, I came back and started my new job the day after. Oh, my goodness it's great! But....the commute is killing me! And you guys it's closer to home. Like I don't even know how it's possible to take 2 hours each way. So basically blogging has gone to the back burner this past week. I'm trying to get into the groove of things again, so hopefully you can bare with me.



But if you can't tell my brain is a little all over the place. Maybe it's the commute. Maybe my eyes are tired from looking at a screen like 98% of the day. However, this is a look I wore in Phoenix. Also, the only outfit pictures I took. Opps! Basically, it was all basics and colorless. As we haven't noticed but most of my outfits are becoming neutral and basics. It was only till now that the boyfriend realized that everything I wore is colorless. We had a deep conversation about it. Maybe he's on board. Maybe he isn't. But he know's he really doesn't have a choice.

Funny enough, this weeks flashback look is from our trip last year to Phoenix. I almost packed this dress with me, but the neutrals had my heart.

  Thank you a MILLION linking up with us last week! Hope you'll join in this week!



27 comments:

  1. Lovely denim mini! This is such a simple, yet chic outfit!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, natural is always a win in my book! 2 hour daily commute is horrible!! I drive a lot for work and some days it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get home and I am so exhausted from all the driving.

    Thank you for hosting and hope you are having a fab week!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean, simple and effortless outfit is always my first choice. Wow, your commute is long, hopefully you can find great music station to make it pass faster.

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect denim skirt. And I can't believe your commute is so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TWO HOURS EACH WAY?! Oh. my. gosh. I'm impressed you even have a blog up.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a comfy look! I've been wearing less color lately as well and so far I'm loving it!
    tulipsandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I wear are neutrals, so of course I love this look! I can't believe your commute is 2 hours! Hopefully it will get better. Have a great weekend!
    Rachael
    http://www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that look! I wish it was warm here...can't wait!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both looks! I'm especially loving the skirt in the first one. I'm so used to seeing lighter washes for denim skirts, I love a dark wash version, which looks great paired with the cognac pieces! I'm also pretty much obsessed with the dress in the second look. Great styling, beautiful, and thanks so much for sharing! Have a great weekend :)

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A two hour commute sounds brutal, but I'm glad to hear you are loving your new job!
    And last years blue and white dress is making me swoon.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute look babe! Good luck on the new job!!

    xx Leah / www.eatpraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are liking the new job! But 2 hours - yikes! I hope it gets better! I'm totally digging the neutrals though!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes, I know how brutal a bad commute can be, but that sounds pretty stressful. Hopefully you can play around with start times and maybe the routes to lessen that burden a bit?

    Sounds like you had fun on your trip...and this outfit is super cute, even if it's the only one you shot!

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm totally on board with your neutral outfits! And WOW, I can't believe how long your commute is! Crazy! But glad you're liking the job once you finally get there :)

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look fabulous!! Wishing you well on your commute!!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your outfit! So chic!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So chic, and LOVING your hair here, doll. Effortless!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute casual look - love the denim skirt! Good luck with your commute - it can be so draining!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute denim skirt. Love it!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://Simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no! How come your commute is taking 2 hours each way?! That doesn't seem healthy I'm sorry! Hope you had a fun trip though!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. how fun to wear some summer looks! love those cute flats!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving your sunnies and flats! Gorgeous!

    www.lesleyandeve.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I miss this kind of fresh and summer looks! Love your flats!
    xx

    www.theblackblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simple and chic outfits like this are my absolute favorite. That denim skirt is everything - I must have one... and those shoes! I've been on the hunt for a similar pair! Also digging your flashback look - that burgundy bag is so pretty!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!