home     about     contact     styling        

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Madewell Try Ons: Summer Collection


Anytime I get that email that says "New Arrivals" from Madewell, you can bet it takes me under .02 seconds to open and click. And last week I took sometime off from work, I knew it would run over to try everything I fell in love with online. Seriously, it's my favorite thing to be able to try it all on and put together this try on guide (and do some shopping). But I think I have to go back because just this morning I got an email with more new items released. And guys how cute is this top and this stripe number?! Okay, okay though the things I did try on were just as good and there a couple of misses. You can't win them all, right? My wallet says thank you.


Eyelet Cutout Dress $118 NOW $79.99// Size 2

While two of my favorite things for Summer is white and eyelet, I wasn't planning to try this on. Except it looked a lot cuter in person, so I gave it a go on a whim. I have a short torso, so while you can't see it the straps are a tad too long. It probably wouldn't work well if you have a larger bust (no issues there). The other concern for getting the right size, is the waistline where there's a button (image below). I had to go for the size 2 to fit my waistline. Honestly, I loved it more looking at the pictures than IRL. But if this one goes on sale you can bet I'll pick it up.



Meadow Wrap Skirt $39.99 (originally $69.99) // Size 4

This wasn't my first time trying this skirt, except the color. Ever since it was online, I wanted it to work. Sadly, I just have a harder time liking skirts (maybe). The skirt is true to size, but part of me wants a little room in the waist. So I tried it on in size 4 (above) and size 2 (below). Ultimately, the size 2 is less fabric around the hips. It honestly is a cute skirt, but I just couldn't commit to wearing it enough times. 

Meadow Wrap Skirt // Size 2

You can see it doesn't flare out so much on the side view image. So if you have bigger hips or more to love in the rear, sizing up might be good.



Embroidered Tier Top $69.50 (NOW $49.99) // Size XS

When I saw this online, it was an IMMEDIATE no thanks. Guess, that changed when I stepped in the store. Normally, I don't go for this cropped, but the embroidery at the top and airy loose fit makes it nice for those oven like summer days. And it might have just been 100 degrees outside, too. While I could have gone down in size to fit closer, I went up for bit of length. 


Raw-Hem Jean Wrap Skirt $79.50 // Size 4

Okay, I have to say I really didn't want to love this skirt. It doesn't have pockets. We can all agree those are important, but the fit was so good. The jean has a heavier weight and like the semi-modest length. I could wear this to work or out on the weekend, which is huge for me.  




Striped Melody Off-the-Shoulder Dress $88 // Size XS

I'm really glad I tried this on because while I sure do love stripes and off-the-shoulder, this just wasn't love first try. Don't get me wrong, it's cute and has a nice thicker material. It just was too long for my taste. If I wasn't lazy to get it altered, I would. And for reference, I'm 5 '4. 



Striped Tank Top $49.50 // Size XS

And because I can't resist stripes, I tried this oversized top. It's cotton, the type you would find on a button shirt, making it breathable for summer. The only downside is the button closure at the neck. It was so small. Maybe it was just the one I picked up, but I guess I should have checked other ones. Except I'm glad it didn't workout because this top is calling me.




Strum Tank Top $42.50 NOW $19.99 // Size XXS

If there's one thing you can never have enough of, it's tanks and tees. These one is perfect in so many ways! First off, it's the softest thing ever. It has a relaxed effortless fit and the best split detail. It comes in several colors, which I know I need. 




Valley Sweater Tank $29.99 (originally $59.50) // Size XS

Even thought this isn't from the latest collection, I'm sneaking this one in there. It's at a great price and probably the only way you could get away with wearing a sweater this time of year (unless you work in a freezer like me). 



Have you picked up anything from Madewell lately? Let me know if you have a favorite!

1 comment:

  1. So many cute pieces! I really like the striped OTS dress, but agree it is a little long for my taste. The eyelet dress is adorable on you.
    Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie
    A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!